I opted to check out the quarantined spam messages on my Sustainability History Project website and found a funny pattern that I have not experienced with my email spam.
My email spam is predominately about porn, V!agra, a panoply of other pharmaceuticals, and those ridiculous 419 scams. All of these kinds of spam and scams have existed for so long that I'm surprised that they're still around -- surprised, that is, that there are still enough people among us who are so dense as to fall for these kinds of scams to keep the scammers in business.
One of these days I may write a rant about this ridiculous dynamic, but this post is not going to be such a rant. This post is about the funny theme I noticed in the quarantined spam messages on the Sustainability History Project website . . .
The refreshingly perspicacious Bullett wrote to me that
- A lot of the things you claim happens to be astonishingly legitimate and that makes me wonder the reason why I had not looked at this with this light before. This piece truly did turn the light on for me personally as far as this issue goes. Nevertheless at this time there is actually 1 issue I am not really too comfortable with and whilst I make an effort to reconcile that with the actual core idea of your issue, permit me observe just what all the rest of the subscribers have to point out. Well done.
Mugica wanted to let me know that, well,
- Wow! This could be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Magnificent. I’m also a specialist in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.
maxig19 wrote something that is undoubtedly also profound, as it was written in Dostoevsky's mother tongue, but I wish that maxig19 had picked up on the fact that the entire SHP website is written in English for people who can speak some modicum of English. I don't wish to come across as chauvinist, but, in the interest of communication and the advancement of intellectual pursuits broadly, I would have appreciated at least some attempt to communicate to us in this language. I'm willing to meet non-native speakers 3/4 of the way, but I do need some help -- I am an inadequately-educated American, after all!
- основной вид деятельности компании с 1999 года. Сегодня мы имеем разветвленную сеть филиалов по всей России, распологаем высококвалифицированным опытным персоналом и необходимым
Gracious dave, whose email for some reason starts with "Mukai9759," says some things that absolutely warm the cockles of my heart:
- Nice post. The info presented here was the greatest I could find all day long, and I have been searching tough on the Internet. I believe you should put this up on a large social bookmarking website, you will discover that it spreads like wildfire – Cheers – dave
Halterman1321 also has some kind words to send our way:
- I truly like the fresh perpective you did on the issue. Truly was not expecting that when I started off studying. Your concepts had been easy to comprehend that I wondered why I never looked at it prior to. Glad to know that there’s an individual out there that certainly understands what he’s discussing. Great job
- thanks !! very helpful post!
Vaeth468 comes to us with a job opportunity:
- Awe inspiring post, do you have contact details? I need a writer for my website
- Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!
I think I'm starting to detect patterns here: generic praise not related in any way to the content of a particular post; Cyrillic-language comments; invitations to navigate to a webpage and leave my personal information . . .
I think they're trying to play me for a sucker, just like they did when they got me to order v|agra and offered me #1 Millions U.S.A. Dolars to send my bank account info to the Honorable Dr. Motumbo Zayibi from Nigeria.
Bollocks to them. They won't get me a third time!!!