Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why deviate so obviously from historical truth?

Ok. Joy Division is one of my favorite bands of all time, so I was excited when Control came out in 2007. I like the movie a lot, too, because I'm part of a "small circle."

I have three critiques, however. The first is that the movie cast didn't record an entire sound track -- they sounded so good together when they played in the movie, why not record an entire covers soundtrack?!?! Second, why didn't New Order record a couple more songs, in the same vein and in tribute? It seems like this would have been a fitting thing to do.

Finally--and more in-line with the purpose of this blog--why did director Anton Corbijn record the cast doing the song "Transmission" for Tony Wilson's Granada Reports television show, when, in reality, they performed "Shadowplay" on that pivotal day in September 1978?

-

No comments:

Post a Comment