Friday, November 6, 2009

The Oregon Encyclopedia


I recommend checking out the Oregon Encyclopedia, an online resource of history and culture.

I work for the OE so some may consider me biased,* but I also believe in the goals of Encyclopedia, which include representing the full diversity of the state. We hold community meetings to solicit entry ideas and authors, and we have a place on our website for people to make these suggestions. The OE is ongoing, and we publish more entries and images nearly every day.

Some of my favorite sets of photos are to be found with the following entries:

** Japanese Americans in Oregon

** Erickson Air-Crane

** Douglas fir

** Housing Authority of Portland

There's much more on the way!!

-----------
* I don't, however, get any commissions for directing traffic to the site

-

No comments:

Post a Comment